This is just a short post brining attention of an excellent and complete refutation of any form of sedevacantism. One way to evade acceptance of Vatican II is too claim that the see of Peter is vacant. This position is not sustainable.
An excellent treatment of the topic can be found here http://www.trueorfalsepope.com/p/peaceful-and-universal-acceptance-of.html#:~:text=The%20peaceful%20and%20universal%20acceptance%20of%20a%20Pope,the%20form%20to%20the%20matter%20following%20the%20election.
Or just type in Peaceful and Universal Acceptance of a Pope. Then click on trueorflasepopr.com
I have to personally thank these authors for their work. They helped my soul out when I was journeying through these issues.
This website linked below goes over a detailed list of objections to the Peaceful and Universal Acceptance of a Pope. (you can translate from French into English using the Edge Browser) Universal Pacific Acceptance: Response to Objections – + Archdeacon + (wordpress.com)
Summary of objections and responses give by the link above.
After explaining the need for this doctrine, we will respond to various objections:
- “Universal Pacific Acceptance is not a consensus among theologians.”
- “Universal Pacific Acceptance is only a theological opinion.”
- “Universal Pacific Acceptance concerns the whole Church, not just the bishops, and lay people have refused the legitimacy of John XXIII.”
- “We sedevacantists did not exist before the promulgation of the heresies of Vatican II, and we had no reason to exist since no heresy has been defined.”
- “During the vacancy of the See of Peter, the Church cannot teach dogmatic facts. It cannot therefore teach that a man has been legitimately elected and holds supreme authority. »
- “Even if the bishops do not consider us Catholic, they are not infallible, and we still belong to their government and are subject to them.”
- “Universal Pacific Acceptance only guarantees the legitimacy of the election of the chosen one, not that he is truly and legitimately Pope and Head of the Universal Church.”
- “The bull Cum Ex Apostolatus Officio contradicts the doctrine of Universal Pacific Acceptance.”
- “The antipopes Constantine II and Christophore were universally accepted by all bishops.”
- “The election of universally accepted Popes were deemed null and void.”
- “Theologians disobeyed John XXIII, so he did not benefit from Universal Pacific Acceptance.”
- “Bishops disobeyed, and even doubted the legitimacy of Paul VI, so he did not benefit from peaceful and universal acceptance.”